Another lesson from Ben’s College of Useless Knowledge…
1. My worst habit is biting my fingernails. I have been doing this since I was a kid and you would think that countless painful hangnails would deter me, but alas they have not. This bad habit comes second to cracking my neck and my back, though I sometimes do this on purpose just to irk people.
2. I was originally a Mac user.In the days of yore, before the corporate world ganged up on me and forced Windows upon my shores, I only used Macintosh computers and I absolutely loved them. In recent month, I’ve felt the itch to go back to Apple and I plan to do so by getting an iMac. It feels like reconnecting with an old friend :)
3. My biggest character flaw is lack of patience. This applies to several situations, but I am generally a very impatient person, especially when it comes to dealing with other people. This is not a case of me thinking I’m better than everyone else, but I am kind of stuck in my ways and when other people slow me down or are not on the same page as I am, it tends to frustrate me more than it should. I’m working on that.
4. I got my “wild ways” out of my system years ago.Like a lot of people, I went through a rebellious phase where I experimented with partying, excessive drinking, and why deny it, some narcotics. It seemed cool at the time but the appeal quickly wore off and I found myself enjoying it less and less. Experience and maturity makes these activities seem incredibly uncool and rather stupid to me now. One of the benefits of getting older, I guess.
5. Most of my friends are older than me. I have always gravitated towards an older crowd, mainly because I have always found more in common with them. Some are within a few years of myself, but others are 6 to 10 years older. It’s funny, but the age difference becomes very insignificant as you get older and I don’t even think about it anymore. Case in point, one of my best friends is 39 years old and it feels like there is very little difference between us. Age is really just a number.